Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Best Consolation Prize

Last Sunday, I attended the "Scrap for a Cause" event in Market2 with Ariel.
Image hosted by Webshots.com

There are a lot of scrapbooking stuffs there that are really nice. Prices ranges from low to high to extremely high ( pertaining to the die cutting machine). Just able to buy some stuffs with a limited budget. But still happy with what i got:
- brads,eyelets, 4 in 1Eyelet Tool, ph Pen, Silver Stickles, Big Alpha stickers, 2 shadow box frame, Table Top Cropper, Foam Squares and 10 papers from Leirs.
Image hosted by Webshots.com

Excited nakong gamitin sila but i'm pretty busy for this week. Sana this weekend pwede na.

Anyway, i really enjoyed the event. It was my 1st time to attend a workshop like this. I learned a lot.

Before... I do believe I am not an artist. My hubby was my only avid fan and supporter. But when I won a consolation prize on a Scrap challenge last sunday (hubby forced to me to join), I was inspired to do more LOs and think about of being more creative (comment ni hubby).

Some wento on my experience last Sunday:
No plans of joining the challenge because I don't have papers and other stuffs. My bad to forgot to bring most of my things and go to the event without any idea of what i want to do. But since hubby was forcing me to join, I immediately run to scrapbukan booth and got 2 papers of the same design (without paying, just advise the girl manning the booth that I'll pay later). At the middle of my work, I needed big letters and numbers. I ask hubby to buy me one but he can't chose one. So takbo ako ulit. Sa ibang booth naman to buy letter/number sticker (this time, nagbayad nako. diko masyado kilala yung may-ari eh, bka mademanda ako ng estafa. :-) ). It was really a stressful yet rewarding experience. I never expected to win even a consolation prize kasi, all works are great. Actually, habang ina-announce ni Iris yung winners, nag-i-scout na'ko of what to buy. I was in the middle of paying the Table Top Cropper, nung mapalingon ako sa stage and saw that Iris was holding my LO. I rushed to the front and .... the rest was history!
Image hosted by Webshots.com

My winning LO:
Image hosted by Webshots.com

Asidde from the challenge, there was also a raffle for all the participants. And this is what I got. Nice!
Image hosted by Webshots.com

By the way, in the event, we were asked to create a LO for the kids with cancer. I didn't win in this challenge. But I know deep in my heart I am still a winner for being part of the effort in helping those kids as well as their parents.

I was only able to finish 1 LO. Medyo mabagal pako eh.
Image hosted by Webshots.com

isn't it rewarding?

No comments: