Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Anniversary Gifts

I was able to blog on the place where we spent our 3rd year anniversary. However, I was not able to write about our simple exhange of gifts.

Our Anni fall on a Holy Wednesday. Months before our anniversary, we already planned of having a day off. However, we only planned of having 1 more day-off before that day, a week before that.

Holy week started with Palm Sunday. We're so bz with a lot of things. Monday, we went to office to finish some stuffs before we take our vacation. Tuesday... was supposed to be a rest and prep day for our trip. However, hubby had some urgent stuffs that needs to be done. He took a half day off instead.

I was supposed to buy a gift in the morning while he's in the office, but I was not feeling well. When hubby came home @ passed 1pm, we took our lunch together and headed to ATC. We just bought some stuffs that we will be needing in our trip. We had pm snaks in BK and decided to go separate ways to buy gifts for each other. Hehehe. Then we met @ 5pm. All the things we bought was kept secret until we got home.

At home... he was so excited that he started giving me his gifts even it's not yet our anniversary.
- 1st, were the books that he bought for the two of us.
" Husband after Gods own plan" & " Wife after Gods own Plan" by Jim and Elizabeth George.
- 2nd was the Bench leather watch that I saw the last time we went to ATC. I didn't buy it because the moneysmart in me strikes again.
- 3rd was the Paper Bag from Gems & Jewel. It contained a silver earring. Waah. He looked at my reaction and then gave me the earring that I saw a week ago. I loved it the 1st time I saw it but because of my being money smart, i didn't buy it.

I was so overwhelmed with all those gift that I felt ashame with my gift for him. I handed him my simple leather watch gift. I felt happy with hubby's reaction. He truly appreciates all the things that I gave him.

I was so lucky having him. He don't smoke, drinks rarely but never get drunk and not materialistic. He is just fond of eating. He likes to eat and try different foods. Hehehe. No wonder... that both of us are gaining weight.Obvious ba?

1 comment:

Christine said...

Happy Anniversary!!