Monday, June 05, 2006

A New Milestone...

Bakit ko nga nakalimutan i-blog ang mga bagong milestone sa buhay ko? I'm excited although there is still fear inside. But I know, the best is yet to come. . I've been dreaming of learning to drive and I am now learning....

Anyway... this is the whole story.

* Late 2003, Ariel taught me to drive using their liteace in a friend's subdivision. Didn't learn much. more on 1st and 2nd gear lang.


* No practice since then.


* Late 2004 or early 2005, I enrolled in Socialites Driving School for 5 hrs. I was able to drive around ortigas and edsa.


* Di rin nasundan driving ko coz, I don't have my own car.


* May 2005, I tried again using Ariel's LiteAce. Not good. It seems that I didn't learn anything.

* No practice ulit.


* Jan 2006, we bought our Chinchin. I said to myself, dapat matuto nako!


* Sobrang naging busy kaya di nakaka-practice.

* April 29'06, tried driving around our subdivision but failed. It was a sharp curve and napa-akyat ako sa gutter. buntik din bumangga sa mga construction supply.Ariel told me na mag-aral na lang ulit ako kasi nag-aaway lang kami.

* May 1'06. Saw and enrolled in the driving school near our place.I enrolled for 7hrs.

* May 6, 1st day of class - 2Hrs. Takot ako. Biglang salang sa manibela. Konting turo lang sa kambyo then andar na. This is not the same dun sa unang driving school ko. 1st and 2nd gear lang ako.

* May 7, 1Hr of Class. Learned the basics for hanging.Hirap. Hehehe.
o After my class. Tried driving around our subdivision. Inis pa rin si Ariel. Didn't meet his expectation. Hmmp.

* May 8, an hour of evening driving class. Mahirap pala mag-drive sa gabi at sa madami tao.

* May 9, another evening driving class. getting used to night driving pero from 1st to this day, 1st and 2nd gear lang ako. As per my instructor, I need to improve on the way I handle my steering wheel.

* May 13, cancelled ang driving class. May bagyo. Lakas ng hangin.

* May 20, 2Hrs of driving class.
o Nakarating nako sa Daang Hari. Wow, pwede pala ako pumunta Alabang nang naka-2nd gear lang. Hehehe.
o Drive with Ariel inside our subdivision. Hay sobrang kainis. Hirap talaga i-please ni Ariel ( pero sobrang ok talaga sya drive kaya mataas din standards).
o Tapos na 7 hrs ko but would like to extend for another 3hrs.

* May 27, dagdag payment for my class
o I drove with Ariel to driving school. Sablay pa rin daw ako.
o can't park sa parking nung instructor ko. Sa iba na lang ako park.
o 1 Hr of class - used our very own Chinchin. I drove inside our subdivision.
o Hatid ko instructor sa may school.
o Went home alone. Drive around our subdivision before going home.

* May 28, 5-7pm- My last 2 Hrs of class.
o Drove alone to the driving school.
o Used our Chinchin. Able to drive in Aguinaldo Hi-way.
o Able to drive in a very stiff road/bridge. Whoo!, I made it.
o Drive ulit sa Daang Hari. This time, I was able to use my 3rd and 4th gear.
o Going home... I had a casualty. Naka-atras ako ng owner. Umatras kasi ako sa may humps. Di ako nakapag-gas. Hehe. Buti mabait yung driver pati mga kasama nya. Wala naman sila gasgas. Si chinchin lang. May gasgas na bumper.Di ako inaway and advise pa sila na mag-sama ako while practicing.

* May 30, 1st time to drive going to work. Dami ko daw casualty sabi ni Ariel. Hay...
o I had 8 errors and di pa naka- park.

* May 31, 2nd time to drive to work.
o Had 5 errors.
o Half day kami coz Ariel is sick.
o Had 6 errors from work to mcdo drive thru to our house.

* June 1- didn't drive. We need to be early to work.And need to be early sa house.

* June 2- 3rd time driving to work.
o Had 6 errors and di pa rin nakapag-park.
o Lunch- drive to and from the Bank and back to work. Able to park. Maluwag kasi parking.

* June 3- didn't drive. most of the time kasi sa house lang.

* June 4- Ariel drove nung morning to Pasig. I drove from Gas station- Kapitolyo Pasig to Our house. A major Milestone. Nakapag-expressway ako (SLEX).... Kahit namatayan ako sa may tollgate at ang layo ko dun sa bayaran. Hehe.
o Sa subdivision namin, Ariel taught me ng pa-atras. Weakness ko pa kasi eh.
o Drove to a nearby store to buy mirienda.
o Drive from our house to SM Molino. Whew! 1st time maka-pag park. Pa-atras pa! Yepeey.
o Drive from SM to our house. Ang Saya. Hehehe.

* June 5, drove to work.
o konti na lang error and was able to drive sa traffic. Sobrang ok! 1st day of school kasi eh.

So..that's my adventure. masaya pag nakikita kong nag-iimprove nako. Pero siempre while driving.. I still need to take a lot of care and precautions.

I just need to pray for safety and guidance.

4 comments:

elapot said...

naks naman! congrats ella! major milestone yan! :)
naalala ko tuloy unang unang booboo ko nung una rin ako nagaaral magdrive, pinangpreno ko naman yung sasakyan ng kapitbahay (in short, binangga ko para huminto ako :D)

Cynch said...

hi ella!

bilib ako sayo! manual ang dala mo. ilang summers rin ako nag-aral ng manual pero di ko tlaga ma-getch! hahaha! kaya eto, bagsak ako sa automatic. sabi nila, di raw tunay na drivers ang puro a/t ang alam, dapat daw manual tlaga. huhuhu! eh hello naman, hindi ko pa boyfriend si dex, nag-aaral na ko mag-drive, eh hanggang ngayong asawa ko na si dex, di pa rin ako marunong ng manual. kaya saludo ako sayo!

pero talga namang kabado ako nung unang biyahe ko alone sa masalimuot na daan ng EDSA. ang lamig ng kamay ko nung nakarating ako sa Ayala ng maluwalhati! grabe! hahaha!

Anonymous said...

ang galing mo naman! ako up to now pasahero pa rin. hehehe! keep it up! :)

Anonymous said...

hey, that was me! - pao :)