Friday, September 04, 2009

Mammotome on September 8

Last Friday (August 28), Hubby & I took a half day off from work in order to have my ultrasound analyzed. The accredited doctor of our HMO doesn't have weekend schedule that's why we are left with no other choice but to leave from work.

The onconologist / breast surgeon told us that based from the pictures, it doesn't exhibit the characteristics or a cancerous cyst. But, we still need to do biopsy due to it's size (2.3cm) and age (more than a year). She suggested to perform "Mammotome" on me. The procedure will be done on the 8th of September (Mama Mary's Birthday) in Medical City.

I am beginning to feel some fear because the doctor already explained to me how this is done. This will be my 2nd operation. The last one was done way back 2003. I just hope and pray that everything will run smoothly and the biopsy result will be benign. Sigh.

No comments: