Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Preggy Diary - Week35

I was not able to provide a preggy update lately because our last few weeks was like a roller coaster ride.

From my last update, I had my 2nd OGTT last Nov.16. But I was only able to get the result on the 13th of December during my OB visit. It was higher compared to my 1st. As per my OB, I needed to consult an endocrinologist. We both felt bad about it. However, we felt excited when we had our 4D ultrasound and saw the features of our baby. She has a very shubby cheeks.Cute!



121808

We went to Heathway in ATC to visit the endorsed Endoc by my OB. She told us that my readings are really high and I need to start monitoring my blood sugar but I need first to undergo a Diabetes Education in Our Lady of Perpetual Help Medical Center asap.

122208
Attended the Diabetes Educ in OLPHMC. Unfortunately, the Dietician was sick and not around. It was only the nurse who conducted the class and just advised me of the recommended diet. We bought a new gadget - a glucose monitor meter. This is expensive. But I am more concerned of the pricking and the sight of blood. Sigh.

122708
Follow-up check up with my Endoc. Accoding to my glucose Monitoring Book, my glucose after meal is within limit but the fasting is not. I needed to inject 4units of insulin everyday 0.5H before dinner. If after 2 days, my reading won't change, I need to change it to 6units. Another bad news. Sigh.


My not so nice new Gadgets.


From ATC, we went to SM Sucat to wait for my OB. She has no clinic in LPDH (The OPD is close until 01/02). While waiting, we shopped for some baby stuffs. It was fun and exciting.



We made our reservation with my OB at 5pm. Her sched starts at 6pm. I was 4th in the list. I should have reserved earlier. My OB was not happy with my glucose issue. She said that I'll be needing to have a weekly ultrasound to check for baby's size and I really need to give birth on my 38th week because the baby might get bigger as a side effect of my GDM. She said that I need to take more care of my diet. I also had my last dose of Tetanus Toxiod.

Now, I already had 4 dose of insulin as advised by my Endoc. The last 3 days was good. It was lower than 100. But this morning, it went up again to 99. I don't know why. My sugar after breakfast was also high (130). Good thing that my after lunch is lower (104).


Diabetes Mgmt Diary

We hope that my blood sugar level especially the fasting will be corrected as soon as possible so that I won't need to increase the dose of my insulin intake. We are also worried about our little girl.

Please help pray for us.

No comments: