Wednesday, December 31, 2008

RECAP: HOLIDAY 2008

We started to get busy for Christmas by the end of September. Our little Christmas tree was already standing by that time. However, we started shopping for gifts end of November. This was because of the recession that was happening in the US. And since we are an American company, there are cost cutting measures that our company made. There was a reduction in force. We lost 2 engineers from our department. Ariel's department lost 7. We just hope and pray that they were still able to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas.

Anyway, below are some of our gimiks.

11/29/08
Started our Christmas Shopping in St. James Bazaar.

11/30/08
Divisoria shopping.

120708
Shopped for add'l xmas gifts in AAVA Bazaar.

121008
Ebay Shopping for Hubby and my parents.

121208
It was the NPD PE Party. It was fun. Our theme was Animated Musical Play. Our group was assigned to do the Naruto or Madagascar. We chose to do the later. The other groups do 2 animated movies. It was a stressful preparation because some of the members doesn't want to cooperate. I was just supposed to be the director by I ended up also performing and dancing. Anyway, all our efforts paid off. We are only after the last prize (4th place) but we ended up winning the 2nd place. It was really a good feeling aside from the fact that we also won a cash prize of 7K instead of 2K.

121308
Shopped in Market2.

121708
Started wrapping gifts for our direct reports.

121808
Started giving gifts.
Shopped in ATC after my check-up with the Endoc.

121908
Hubby's group Christmas Party.

122008
Shopped in Rockwell Tent.
Meeting with Ariel's Friend from Australia.

122108
Completed the wrapping of gifts.


122208
Fetched my family from Pasig. They will spend Christmas in our Home.

122308
Done giving gifts to friends and inaanaks in the office.

122408
We're already on leave but hubby is still getting calls from office.We attended Misa de Galo at 8:30pm. My mom and dad are the ones who prepared our Noche Buena. I only prepared the salad (which unfortunately is not good for me).

122508
Noche Buena Special.



Gift giving with my family. We're all laughing when we saw that my nephew was scared of our Pop-up sun Gift. Hehehe.


We slept at 2am. We all woke up at 8am. We 1st visited my dad's relatives in Antipolo - my grandma and Tita Aida's Family. Then my Mom's relative (Auntie Fe in Taytay and Mama Linda in Pasig). Then we dropped my family in my parents house. We just left our gifts for my inaanaks and other cousins.

Hubby and I then went to SM Hypermart in Pasig to buy Shirts for the Jorge-lypics (His family's yearly xmas reunion) because we both don't have the required colored shirt. I need to wear green while hubby need to wear yellow. We arrived in Filinvest Antipolo at 6:30pm. The party was supposed to start at 6pm but unfortunately, the guests are not yet there. The party started at 8pm instead. The worst part was when it started to rain. The party was outdoor and we only have 2 big tents. We only have a limited space but it still looks like that everybody had fun. After the program and the gift giving, we left the place at passed 1am. We still fetched my dad from their home in Pasig because he will be doing some carpentry in our house. He'll be doing us a double deck bed.

122608
Woke up late. Opened all the gifts we received. And here are all of them! Thanks!!!



123008

Hubby and my Dad went to Farmers in Cubao to buy some seafoods that we will be preparing for our Media Noche. They were able to buy Crabs, Shrimps and Lapu-lapu. My dad will be cooking all of them. Yummy! I am now excited for the media noche!

123108
Blogging while waiting for the New Year. Will blog soon about our Media Noche!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments: