Monday, October 15, 2007

GO GREEN

I forgot to blog this thing that I did last Friday. While doing my LO entry for Lasting Impression, I was watching Oprah. I really enjoyed the show. I learned a lot on their "Go Green" topic.

I am aware of the global warming and would like to contribute on my own ways to save mother earth. Hope everyone would also contribure. It's never too late.

Some learnings.

1. Use washable bag in doing your market thing. Plastics' decomposition is 100years.While manufacturing of paper bags kills a lot of trees.
- I am happy that SM participated in this campaign. I got 3 free Green Bags and I do ensure that we are using them every time we do our groceries. I am getting 2 benefits here: additional points for my SMAC and also helping mother earth.

2. ATM receipts. Most of us select print receipt whenever we do transactions. If you are just going to throw it, why print it. You can save a lot of trees by not printing the receipts. I already made my part. Just today because I didn't realized it before. If you can do bank transaction online, no need to print receipts.

3. Save on Tissues/Napkins. Use washable table napkins instead.

4. Avoid Stand-by power. Turn-off /unplug appliances if not in use.

5. Conserve water and energy as much as possible..

Ayun... wala lang. I hope you guys also learned and do your part!
Btw, hope you can also share some more tips in saving mother earth!!!!
Good luck to us. This is for our Children!!! (kahit wala pa kami baby). Hehehe.

No comments: