Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Busy, Busy Busy


I was not able to update this blog for quite sometime now. I had been so so so busy these past few days. I was given an additional responsibility in the office because one of my co-engr just moved to a new Company in Singapore.

It's not a promotion but it's a good opportunity. I am still owning my work from my original group but once I have completed my major projects, I will move full time.

They told me that it's gonna be 50/50 (old group vs. new group). But in reality, they would need my 200%. I have no regrets. I am enjoying my work now and I am happy!

It's actually a blessing in disguise because last December, I was thinking of my future in my group. My 2 major projects are soon to finish this quarter and I don't know what will be next. I was asked by my friends to talk to my supervisor and manager but I delayed it. Don't know why.

Then.. came 2nd week of January. ....Here's the detailed story....

MONDAY
Lunch Time - Heard about the need for replacement in the other group from hubby. I was wondering who will be the replacement.

Pass 3pm - Had some discussion with a co-PM about a project and heard that he was eyed for the replacement. He told me that he was having 2nd thought because it's a hi-visibility project (being monitored by our CEO). I made a joke that if he doesn't want the position, I'll take it. Hmm. Though I wondered why it was not offered to me. Hehehe.


TUESDAY
Lunch Time - I saw the manager of the other group next to us in the canteen line. I made a joke to hubby to tell him that he can consider me. It was all a joke but he told me that he'll tell it to my supervisor. I told him that I was just kidding but he told me that he'll talk to me later.


After Lunch - I saw the manager of the other group talking to my former supervisor. I was suspicious that time but I disregard it. Then few minutes passed, my supervisor asked me for a 1:1. He told me that he heard about my interest in the other group. He also explained why he did not opened it to me. I understand. I also told him that I was just making a joke. But he told me that if I really like to move, he will not stop me. He also told me that they will be discussing it with our Director. Kinabahan ako. Hehehe.

Pass 3 pm - I saw my supervisor and the manager of the other group going to the room of our director. It seems I know and feel what they will be talking about.

Less than 30 minutes after - They were done with the meeting. The manager of the other group approached me. My supervisor told him that it's not yet time. We had a 1:1. He told me that they (my supervisor, my former supervisor, him and our director) have agreed that I am the best candidate for the position. I was shaking that time. Ang bilis ng pangyayari. He told me that the other engr is leaving on Friday. I only have 2 days for the endorsement. Wednesday and Friday only because Thursday is our Company's Thanksgiving Party in MOA-SMX (Plant Shutdown). He also gave me an introduction about the product that I'll be working on as well as the people. He also gave me some words on the people that will be reporting directly to me - their attitudes and how long they have been in the company/group.

Then I had a talk with my supervisor, he told me that their agreement is that I'll be working 50/50. My passport to move to the other group will be the completion of my projects. I told him that it is fine with me.

Then I talked to Debbie, she told me that she'll not be going to work on friday and that would mean that we only have a day for endorsement. Though, huh? I said it's ok as long as we can still contact her even on YMs. hehehe.


WEDNESDAY
9am to 11am - Meeting with Debbie
- Device Training
- Organization Familiarization
- Endorsements
- People Feedback (the team, counterparts, other groups that I will be dealing with)

1pm - Introduced to the group
- her group / my future direct reports
- The production people (operators, GLs, trainors, Process Engrs, etc)

2-4pm Line Tour
I saw the line (equipment set-up, the production LO, the testers, the units,etc)
Got some trainings on tester usage.
Familiarization with the process

Was a tiring yet happy day! I enjoyed my day.


THURSDAY
HAPPY TIME with K Brosas, Gian Magdangal, Sheryl Regis, MOCHA.
I didn't win in the raffle but it's ok, I was not expecting. I didn't Pray for it.
But still was happy because 2 of my friends won P10K each.
The party started @ 1130am and ended pass 6pm.
The lunch was served by Tamayo's. It was good.
Unfortunately, I was not able to get some desserts. Huhuhu.
Then our group, had dinner in BLUEWAVE (Shakey's Pizza).
They also agreed to go to Malate but already not feeling well so we didn't join them.

FRIDAY
Busy na on work... Reality is Here.
Need to work, work and work....

From that day ON....till today..... I've been really really busy that I was not even able to blog about our Xmas, New Year and other gimiks last Holiday season.... Hope I can blog about them soon!... Wish me luck. Tumakas lang ako ngayon... hehehe...

1 comment:

Me-anne's Nook said...

hi sister i wish you luck, i think promotion is in the offing-should i say promoted already. congratulations! hope to see you treating me out for starbucks. miss yah,