Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Our Company Summer Outing and RANT about STAR TOLL

We've now home after the whole day summer event of our company. El Madero Farm is different from Villa Escudero where we had our summer outing last year. El Madero is more of a resort. They said that they have 11 pools but I was only able to see 8. I just don't know if I counted it right. We didn't swim because but we participated in some of the activities like the Mr. & Ms. contest and the Bingo. The foods are over flowing. Hubby and I were quite satisfied.

We had the following:
AM snacks: Ham & Cheese Bread and C2 Ice Tea
Lunch: Chicken Adobo, Salted Egg & Tomato, Breaded Fish Fillet, Grilled Liempo, Lechon, Corn in Cob, Fruit (choice of banana, ponkan and apple) and Soda
PM snacks: Ham & Cheese Bread, Corn in Cob, Turon, Oishi and Soda
Others: 4 pcs Squid Balls, Cotton Candy, Dirty Ice Cream
Souvenir: Red Transparent Bottle for Drinks with handle.

We really had a lot. This outing is quite better than our other summer events in terms of food. I think most of us had fun and lots of pictures. Our managing director even played volleyball with our group.


I will post more pictures soon.

Let's now go to my rant. I hate the Star Toll System. It was not friendly. We almost got lost and we even paid a very expensive toll fee. We entered the star toll from Sto. Tomas and we're supposed to exit in Lipa but missed it.We got surprised seeing another vehicle in the other lane in the opposite direction. We then realized that we missed the exit. We decided to made a U-turn and saw some security guard and asked for assistance. We knew that they saw us that we made a U-turn. They said that we should exit in Lipa. So akala namin ok lang yun.Pag dating sa toll gate we're asked to pay 64 pesos. Nagulat ako kasi last June, 24 lang yung toll fee. Tinanong namin yung cashier kung kelan sila nagtaas. Sabi nya, matagal na daw ganun. Bka matagal lang daw kami di nagpunta dun. We'll, sabi ko ke hubby, sobrang taas naman. Bka kaya ganun dahil sa iba kami nag-exit. Tignan na lang namin ulit pag-uwi. After the event, we were very cautious na magkamali ng exit. Pero THANK YOU pa rin sa napakalaking sign board sa may exit. Super nakakalito sya and we ended up going to BATANGAS instead of going to MANILA. So ano pa nga ba ang gagawin namin, e di U-TURN ulit. Pagdating sa EXIT ng Sto. Tomas, I prepared 24 pesos because I know that we existed from Tambo. But then the cashier is aking us to pay 44 pesos. We told them that we exited from Tambo pero iba daw nakasulat sa CARD. Tapos biglang she's charging us with 64 pesos. Huh? I was very mad. Sabi namin. Nakakalito naman kasi mga sign-boards nila. Sabi nila, meron daw guards dun na dapat nagu-guide. Eh wala naman kaya kami nakita nung pabalik na kami. GRRRR.

I know there is a problem with the system. Di na lang ako nakipag-away kasi mahaba na yung fila sa Toll Gate. Pero truly, nakakalito mga sign boards nila.Parang sinadya yata nila na ganun para maraming magkamali at makasingil sila ng mahal. For sure, we will not be the only one that will be victimized by their sign board and system. So cautious when you pass via Star Toll to avoid paying more.

I am still mad with the 80 pesos that we lost because of the broken system of Star Toll. 80 pesos is still 80 pesos and it's no JOKE. It can still buy some kilos of rice.Grrr!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello. My name is Nellie. I like your blog and I wonder if you could write a review about my credit card site and place it on your blog (around 150 words, 1-2 anchor). Is it possible? How much will it cost me?
If not, tell me what kind of links you can offer. I don’t need sitewide links please.
Thanks.I am looking forward to hearing from you.NellieHawkins55@gmail.com