Saturday, May 26, 2007

Scrapfest: May 19'07

It was my 1st time to attend the Scrapfest. I had fun besides the fact that I had some bonding time with my sister Gemme and Cousin Anna. I had been a member of SE since April'06. There were a couple of Scrapfest last year that I was not able attend due to shyness and other reasons.

We arrived in Makati Park at 8:45am. I thought we are early in the venue (hubby drop us early because he needs to attend a Baptism that day @ 9:30am). Was surprised that there were already a lot of people in the registration. The LB scrapaholics, Donna, Dianne and Leica (the only poeple i know by name) were already there.

Registration starts at 9:15 but participants were allowed to enter the venue at 9:30. Was happy with the loot bag that we have and all the things that came with it. See pix below (grabbed from Christine V's Blog).
This is inside a net bag which looks cute. I seldom see that kind of bag now. The loot bag also have 3 or 4 pieces of Nissin Wafers (vanilla flavor). Just right for the hungry me.

The 1st thing i did was to go to my designated seat and leave my things. I was seated next to Dianne. Started looking around. I got crazy over the scrap items i saw from different suppliers. I only have a few bucks in my wallet and needed to be firm with my budget. So what I did was look around, checked what i want to buy, canvassed and buy. There are a lot of things that I would like to buy but this will be just in wish list for now.

Demo starts pass 10am. Joanne and Liza did the demos. They were really good. Demos includes: hidden journaling, dry embossing, wet embossing and paper folding.

There was a surprise challenge aside from the previously announced altered box and cherry arte challenges. It is to create 2 6x6 LO with at least 3 techniques in 1 LO.. Since it was a surprise. Naloka ako. Dont know where to start. It was just good that I like the papers included in the kit and able to finish my 2 6x6 LOs as seen on my previous post. However, I was not able to work on my altered box. Ngarag nako eh.

Just after the deadline of the altered box and 6x6 LOs, we started the cherry arte challenge.Waah, i didn't know what to do. It seems that my papers didn't match with my pix. Sayang!. anyways, I still tried to finish a LO with the help of my hubby , cutting the swirls (hubby got back @ 4pm).

I didn't win in any challenge but I won in the raffle - 7gypsies rub-on c/o Buzy Bee. I like it very much.
Btw, below is what i got for the Cherry Art Kit:
The Verdict: The Scapfest was so much fun. It was a success. The 650php entrance fee was all worth it with the freebies that we got, aside from the discounts that were offered by the different suppliers. I will definitely attend the next scrapfest! Congrats to the ScrappinMoms for the Job Well Done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

miss ko na um-attend ng scrapfest! :)

Ella Go said...

hi pao. sayang. next time sana yung vacation mo tapat sa scrapfest para maka-join ka rin.