Thursday, November 01, 2007

Hubby's Birthday


Two saturdays ago was hubby's Birthday. It was his 30th. We had a simple party although he doesn't want to have one. I insisted that we do it because it is his 30th.

It was a very simple party. Most of the foods are easy to prepare like:
1. Rellenong Bangus - bought from our suking tindahan in Pasig
2. Inihaw na Liempo - grilled by our help.
3. Kalderetang Baka - ordered from our officemate.
4. Crispy Batikulon for Pulutan - ordered from our officemate
5. Fruit Salad - prepared by yours truly
6. Pansit - cooked by Dad
7. Hotdog with Mallows on stick for the kids - prepared by manang.
8. Eggplant - fried by manang
9. Puto Pao - bought from Pasig
10. Chicken Lollipop and Lumpiang Shainghai - contributed by Ariel's sisters. Cooked in our home.
11. Drinks - Coke, Coke Light, Pepsi Diet, Pepsi Max, Nestea Ice tea (concentrate) in a water jag.
12. Chocolate cake from Goldilocks.

Most of the grocery items that we'll be needing were bought the week before the party. But Friday before the party, we need to take a half day off to go to Pasig and get some items that we'll be needing.

We left the office @ 1230pm. Just drove thru Mcdo for our lunch. Hubby had quarter pounder and I had nuggets and spaghetti. We took coastal road. We're lucky that there's no traffic. However, there's a slow moving traffic in Pasay Rotonda. It irritates me. I am not used to heavy traffic anymore since we moved to Cavite. Btw, Hubby and I are supposed to go to ATC before going to Pasig but an officemate car pooled with us. He's going home to Bulacan. We just decided to go Megamall instead so we can drop him there. But when we're in Pasay Rotonda, he decided to just go down and take the MRT. I saw an ad in the MRT that Megamall is having a 3-DAY sale. I told hubby that I am having 2nd thoughts of going to Megamall. While he's still driving a thought of going to Glorietta passed by me but I didn't entertain it because of traffic. It was 2pm that time. When we are in Guadalupe, hubby got a text message that bombing happened in Glorietta. We still can't believe the news. Then, another same SMS came from our previous boss. We then believed it. We're thankful that we didn't went to Glorietta.

We reached my parents house in Pasig @ 3:30pm. We're still able to have a glimpse of the news about the bombing. It is so scary. We left @ 4:30pm.

We took SLEX going back Home. We went to ATC before heading home. We dropped by 88 STORE to buy a 12x12 paper organizer and a cork board. Then we shopped for hubby's birthday shirts. Hubby saw the WORLD VISION booth near Guess. Hubby is already sponsoring a child. It's now my time, so I signed up. I would like to buy a gift for hubby without him knowing but he doesn't want to let go of me. So I just accompanied him to Olympic Village. He was eyeing for a footware there before but he doesn't want to buy it. I asked him to just look for whatever that will please him and it will be my gift. He saw a nice sandals from Merrell. It was on sale-20% off, I think. We bought it and had our Dinner in North Park before going home.

At home, I prepared the salad and somehow clean the house before sleeping.

SATURDAY - HUBBY's BDAY
I woke up @ 6pm for my aero class. hubby woke up @ around 8am to watch his fav Dragon Ball on TV. It was such a busy morning. hubby went to hardware after bfast to buy some electrical stuffs for the lights that he plan to set up for the TENTs. I got sleepy and took a nap. Fews minutes later, the tents, chairs and tables and videoke arrived. Still... i have nothing to do. hehehe. Hubby set-up the lights.

Saw daddy cooking a HUGE CRAB. He said that ariel bought it for me. Such a sweet gesture from hubby. it's his bday but he still managed to surprise me with my favorite dish. After few hours of preparation, we had our lunch @ 11am. We also invited our neighbors for the party in the night. Dad started cooking pansit while Manang started grilling the liempo. Mom and Popoy arrived @ 2pm. We took a bath @ 3pm. I went to SM Molino with Mom to buy some ICE and cake. Another driving experience for me. I seldom drive lately because I am in T-MODE. Hehehe. We went to the grocery. Good thing that the line for paying in the cashier was short. We went to Goldilocks. Unfortunately, there are only 2 cakes remaining - a choco marble and a chocolate cake. The lady beside me bought the choco marble so I am left with no choice but to buy the Chocolate cake.

When we got back home, my in-laws are already there. We started preparing the buffet table. Few minutes later @ around 5pm the Tigas family came. Served the kids some hotdogs on stick. Good things we were able to make some for the kids. The invite says 6pm. Guest started arriving pass 6pm. Guests started serving themselves. Guests continue to arrive. Mostly are our officemates. We were expecting some relatives of Ariel but none arrived. Only his sisters and BILs. I just don't know if hubby was disappointed. But I think, our fault is we didn't indicate in the text invite the "RSVP" thingy. Hehehe. Our nieghbors also came to party. We're happy that they accepted our invite ( we are not talking with them before. we just say hi and hello). We had our 1st talk. Hehehe. Nice to have new friends in the neighborhood. Sir Boyet (our previous boss, not connected with CML anymore) also came at around 8pm. Few minutes later, Fr. Ginu (our Parish Priest) also came. Most of our guests are surprise to know he's from India but speaks Tagalog fluently. Our guests started saying goodbye @ around 9pm.The last batch of guest left @ 11pm. There are lots of leftover foods. There are a lot of guests but still MANY didn't make it. Wala lang. Sayang ibang handa.. So what's next???? Cleaning time.. hehehe. Thanks to my family for helping out. Also thanks to Ate Nena and her friend (ate Mildred) for the help. We cleaned up @ 12mn. Sleeping time na. A very tiring but fulfilling day. See pix in this link.

SUNDAY
woke up @ 8am. Hubby watched Dragon Ball. Had bfast. Dad left @ around 11pm with his biker friends (they biked from Pasig to Cavite). At 1030am, everybody took a nap. We had our lunch/PM snacks @ 3pm. All of us attended a mass @ 5pm. After the mass, hinatid ni hubby mga Mom ko to Alabang. I waited for him at HOME for dinner kasi di na kami kasya sa CAR. hehehe. When he arrived, we just ate our dinner and took a rest.

We had a very tiring yet wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to your hubby.

ang sasarap ng handa ninyo! :)